Thursday, June 24, 2010

Important Information

Welcome
I sincerely hope that the images that I capture will become treasured heirlooms for you and your loved ones. This information is intended to help prepare you for your photo session, as well as give you information on my business policies. I do not have a studio, and all of my work is done solely outside.
Proofs & Copyright
These images are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced in anyway, this means that images are not to be scanned, photographed, photocopied, or duplicated in any way; Any other reproduction is not approved by the photographer and is an infringement of copyright. Please contact me with any questions regarding the copyright of any images.
What To Wear
When selecting clothing for your portrait, try to choose muted colors; bright colors and graphics can draw attention away from the people in the photograph. If the portrait is of your family, complimentary colors help make the group look more unified. Long sleeves usually look better, especially on adults, and remember to think about shoes- they can sometimes be distracting. Small children and babies look better in solid colors and simple prints, and I love bare feet! Theses are simple suggestions, so if you would like to do something totally different, feel free! Your photos should reflect your personality.
Time
When you are scheduling your photo session please keep in mind your child’s nap and meal time. It helps the session go much smoother if children are well rested and not hungry. Outdoor photos are best taken in the early morning and early evening, however there are still many locations here in southern Utah that have good lighting throughout the day. Photo sessions can take anywhere from thirty minutes up to two hours. Please plan accordingly.
Location
There are many wonderful locations to do photo sessions. Some of my favorite locations are the City of Springdale, red rocks near Sand Hallow Res. Nisson’s Park in Washington City, and various other parks even some “downtown” locations. If you have a fun backyard, a farm or anywhere in particular that you would love to have your portraits taken let me know and we can make arrangements. I do travel outside of Washington County on occasion for an additional travel fee.
Digital Enhancements
Digital enhancement allows me to remove such flaws as acne, scars and scrapes. Basic photo editing is available upon request, let me know when ordering. I do not provide special effects at this time.
Ordering Procedure
All orders must be received in writing whether it is on the traditional order form or via e-mail. Half the balance of your order is due when it is placed, and the remaining balance is due at the time of pickup. Print orders usually have the turn around time of about four to five days, but if you need something sooner let me know and I will do what I can to have it to you when you need it. Photo gifts and Special orders may take up to three weeks depending on the item.

No comments:

Post a Comment